Check my CV for books, book chapters, opinion pieces, book reviews, and other scholarly activities.
22.“Devotion at Sub-National Level: Ramadan, Nighttime Lights, and Religiosity in the Egyptian Governorates.” w/ M.Robbins, and S. Zaytseva. International Journal of Public Opinion Research 33.1 (2021): 99-117. [Link]
21.“Islamist Parties, Intraparty Organizational Dynamics, and Moderation as Strategic Behavior.” w/ M. Wuthrich, Mediterranean Politics (2020), [Link]
20.“Ethnic violence and substantive representation of minorities in parliament. w/ TM Yildirim, International Political Science Review (2019), [Link]
19.“Islam, Social Justice, and Democracy”, Politics and Religion 12.4, (2019): 549 - 576 [Link]
18.“Islam, Religious Outlooks, and Support for Democracy,” w. M. Wuthrich and A. Shamaileh, Political Research Quarterly, 72.2 (2019): 435-449. [Link]
17.“Hiding Behind Party Brand or Currying Favor with Constituents: Why Do Representatives Engage in Different Types of Constituency-Oriented Behavior?““w/ TM Yildirim, Party Politics, 25.3 (2019): 369-81. [Link]
16.“Self-expression Values, Loyalty Generation, and Support for Authoritarianism: Evidence from the Arab World,” Democratization, 25.7 (2019): 1132-1152. [Link]
15. “Who Favors al-Qaeda? Anti-Americanism, Religious Outlooks, and Favorable Attitudes toward Terrorist Organizations,” w/ B. O’Donnell and A. Tanner, Political Research Quarterly, 70.3 (2017): 480 – 494. [Link]
9. “A Model and Test of Policy Making Process,” Journal of Politics and Law, w/ C. Oakley, G. Pesta, and T. Blomberg, 6.4, (2013). [Access]
7. “Modernization, Islam or Social Capital What Explains Attitudes toward Democracy in the Muslim World?” Comparative Political Studies, 43.11 (2010). [Link] (https://doi.org/10.1177/0010414010371903) [PDF]
5. “Treaties, Collective Responses and the Determinants of Aggregate Support for European Integration,” European Union Politics, 6.4 (2005).[Link]
4. Türkiye’nin Dış Politikası Bağlamında Ortadoğu’ya Yönelik Tutumlar: Üniversite Öğrencilerinin Algıları Hakkında Bir Alan Araştırması [Turkish Foreign Policy and Attitudes Toward Middle East: A Case Study of College Students] with Fatih Ertugay, Review of International Law and Politics, Winter, 2011.
3. Parlamenterlerin Rol Davranislari Uzerine bir Inceleme: TBMM Uzerine bir Uygulama, [A study of Parliamentary Role behaviors: The case of Turkish Grand National Assembly, Istanbul University, Journal of Faculty of Political Sciences, 2006].
2. Demokratik Siyasal Yapılarda Temsil İlkesi: TBMM’nde Bir Alan Araştırması, [Representation in Democratic Institutions: The case of Turkish Grand National Assembly, Selcuk University, Journal of Administrative and Economic Sciences, 2006].
1. Avrupa Parlamentosu Seçimleri ve Muhtemel Üyelik Durumunda bu Seçimlerin Türkiye’de Siyasal Hayat ve Partiler Üzerine Yansımalarına İlişkin Öngörüler [EP elections and some Insights about the Impact of these Elections on Political Parties in Turkey, Journal of Liberal Thought, 9(36), Winter 2004]